Thursday, August 23, 2012

And we're off...

So here I am...finally deciding to join the blogging world. I can't promise my stories and/or writing will be enthralling or that I will have updates often, but I wanted to create a space to share about our lives. After keeping up with my sister's blog, I have been inspired to start my own. There will be posts about Kayden, our daily lives, and everything in between. With that said, I will use this first post to introduce my family.

My name is Joey, my husband's name is Andy and our new beautiful daughter is Kayden. She is now 11 weeks old. She has been such a blessing and a joy. I can't imagine life without her now that she is here.

We also have our two lovable dogs that were our "first" babies.

Bailey
Brinkley
Right now my daily life consists of diaper changes, laundry, spit up, play/nap time, and TONS of hugs and kisses. This is a life that I would never trade. It may be hard for those without children to understand, but someday you will.  Eventually, I plan on going back to work (part-time at first) so right now I am enjoying every minute of being home with Kayden. Andy works hard for us so I can stay home and not only that, he is going to school full-time at night for engineering. I know he misses spending time with Kayden and me, but he is being the best Daddy right now by continuing his education which is going to make for a better and brighter future for us. I couldn't ask for a better partner in life.

As for Kayden, she is growing so fast. I can notice new things almost every day. She is starting to gain better head control, slowly learning to enjoy tummy time, and smiles every time she sees me in the morning when I get her from her crib. I feel that her first giggle is just around the corner. She is already 11 lbs, which seems big to me as I remember how small she was, but she is only in the 20th percentile for her age. So she is still a small little munchkin compared to the rest. Here are a few recent photos of our baby girl.



I hope that you will enjoy reading about our lives as we learn what life is all about. So until the next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment