Monday, October 15, 2012

Baptism

On Sunday October 7, 2012 we baptised Kayden at Faith United Methodist Church in Freeport, IL. Although I was worried she might fuss during the ceremony, she did very well. Not a single peep during the actual baptism and then she slept through the rest of the church service. Because Kayden and her cousin Abigail were born only about 2 months apart, we all decided to do a double baptism which made sense. So Kayden and Abigail were baptised together and Grandma Ritterbush even sang during the ceremony. It was a wonderful service and it was a joy to have them together.

Godfather Matt Erickson and Godmother Jordan Hoppe


This was a recreation of a photo from when I was baptised. I tried to scan the picture to add to this point, but my printer/scanner isn't working. Bummer


My parents with Andy's family

Pastor John and our little family :)

The cousins
 Kayden was able to wear the outfit I was baptised in and Abigail wore the outfit that Sadie was baptised in. It was such a neat way to incorporate the past with the present. I also made sure to wear the blue sapphire ring that Andy/Kayden got me. That way when she wears it on her wedding day, I also wore it during her baptism.

That Sunday was also a big day because the Colts were playing the Packers.The Colts did pull off a win, which was a pleasant surprise for us! As you can see the two families are supporting their teams in this picture. Sorry Ryan, but for the day you were sort of rooting for the Packers :)  The baptism cake for the two girls is in this picture as well. My mom and dad put a party together for the girls which was awesome so our friends and family could celebrate the whole day.
Go Colts!

No comments:

Post a Comment